Terms and Conditions
Entrants are required to provide evidence to the judging panel in the form of an ‘Pacáiste Eolais Dhátheangach/Bilingual Information Pack’ of how the Irish language is used as part of their daily business as well as their innovative plans for further use by Monday the 3rd of April 2023
Gradam Sheosaimh Uí Ógartaigh comprises offive categories. A shortlist of finalists will be selected from each of the five categories and they will be announced in the Galway Advertiser.
The overall winner of Gradam Sheosaimh Uí Ógartaigh will be selected from among the five category winners. The winner of each category and the overall winner will be announced at a special awards ceremony in May.
Terms and Conditions:
It is not essential to be a fluent Irish speaker to participate in this prestigious award as the Gaillimh le Gaeilge team will help and advise you through the whole process.
All entrants must be a registered company or organisation
- The Gradam is open to companies/organisations registered and doing business in the Galway city.
- The New Category for ‘Digital Presence’ is open to businesses/organisations registered in Galway City and County*, and who are communicating primarily with their customers /key stakeholders online.
- Entrants must not be companies/organisations involved primarily in the promotion of the Irish language or subject to the Official Languages Act 2003.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The judges reserve the right to re-categorise entrants as appropriate.
- The winners and category winners agree to take part in publicity in connection with Gradam Sheosaimh Uí Ógartaigh.
- Past overall winners of Gradam Sheosaimh Uí Ógartaigh are not permitted to enter
- Prizes and benefits must be availed of within a year of winning Gradam Sheosaimh Uí Ógartaigh.
- Galway Chamber will provide Category 2 membership to the overall Gradam winner for one year. If the company that wins is in the smaller Category membership, Galway Chamber will provide Category 1 membership for a year. If the winner is already a member of the Galway Chamber, the value of Category 2 membership will be deducted from their current annual membership fee.
*Businesses that are registered in the Gaeltacht are ineligible to participate.